Whether you are a new travel enthusiasts or old pro, you can never stop learning better ways to enhance your experience. Following are some of the things I have learned over many trips.
1. Foreign Pay Phones – Picking up the phone in another country can present a host of challenges. For instance, how much does the call cost? In most countries, you can now buy calling cards that work the phones to save you the hassle.
2. American Express Mail – If you have an American Express card, you are one lucky devil. You can have your mail sent to any American Express office in the world. Just hop over and pick it up.
3. Packing for Europe – If you are packing for Europe, pack light! Europe is not another planet. They have soap, books, clothes and so on. You can buy it there. Trust me!
4. Avoid Carrying Souvenirs – If you are on an extended trip, you will start accumulating souvenirs of all sorts. Don't haul them all over the place. Mail them home and save your back!
5. Russia, Friends and Vodka – Russia is a great place to visit. The people are friendly and vodka drinking is very common. Have fun, but use your common sense. Some Russians are simply too friendly if you know what I mean.
6. Wrinkle Free Pants – Always take a pair of wrinkle free pants. You can roll them up to save space. You will need them to enter churches, museums and other places.
7. Yelling at Thais – Thailand is the land of smiles, but it doesn't mean everyone is happy. Culturally, raising your voice is a very bad move. Never yell at Thais. It will not help, but will hurt you.
8. Solo Travelers and Hostels – If you are traveling by yourself, you may eventually need some social time with other travelers. Hostels are the place to get it.
9. Kids and Trip Planning – Do not plan a trip without getting your kids input if you are taking them. If they are not involved, they will complain endlessly. If they are, they will be more open minded.
10. Walking at Night – One of the great things about traveling is experiencing the nightlife in a new location. When walking on the streets, keep in mind things may be different. In some countries, manholes are not always covered!
Travel is many things to many people. Some prefer luxury while others prefer to rough it. I have to admit I tend to fall in the rough it group, but a night of luxury isn't too bad either!
Article Source: http://www.aword2thewise.com